The Car Man Blog
- READ all the fine print regards to your payments.
- ALWAYS pay on time but also understand the grace period….all banks don’t have one.
- UNDERSTAND 1st payment default on brand new loans (if you miss your 1st payment on your new loan the bank can void your loan)
- MOST REPO’S are because of lack of conversation, always keep the line of communications open.
- WHEN making extra payments make sure the bank knows that the payment is going toward principal.
Having trouble deciding on whether or not you want lease or buy? Do you need a little clarity on the choices you have when thinking of leasing or purchasing? There are advantages and disadvantages when you buy vs. lease. One advantage to the leasing option is it is less expensive than out right purchasing. When leasing you are only paying for the time that you have the car which is typically 36-48 months. Also you don'y have to worry about a large down payment. When leasing ,typically you have to come up with 1st payment and security deposit.
Biggest advantage to leasing is at the end of the lease you have 2 options.
- you can walk away without any other obligations.
- you can refinance the remaining balance left on the car.
Most people walk away. One disadvantage in leasing is that you will never own the car. And you can not alter the appearance of the car in any way with accessories and add ons such as different radio system or different tires.The biggest disadvantage to leasing is the mileage restrictions and the overage fees that are charged if you go over.
When leasing you will also have to carry the max insurance coverage limits. For further help on your leasing options or any other car questions go to www.thecarmanshow.com.
Have you been dreaming of owning a new Mercedes Benz? Did you think it would ever be affordable? Well Mercedes Benz has heard and answered the calls of the people for an affordable tech filled car.
The 2014 Mercedes Benz A-Class (Hatch) starting at an estimated $28,000 is the response to the call of the public. This front engine FWD auto will have an estimated 22/35 MPG rating putting out 208 hp, as well as the new COMMAND infotainment system. All this equals one hot hatch,courtesy of AMG. (see 2014 Mercedes A CLASS to the right)
Also answering the call, and meeting the request for a new addition from owners of the ultra luxury Bentley car brand. Bentley Motors has a new edition expected to soar this company to an even higher level of exclusivity and ultra luxury. The EXP 9 F SUV/CUV will be the newest member to boast this infamous "B" logo.
This luxurious truck is a modern and tech filled piece of art on 4 wheels. Starting at an over whelming $200k, buyers will pour into dealerships worlwide to have this in their collection. Expect to see this in late 2014 as a 2015 model, so be on the lookout for this incredible crossover from Bentley.
( a sneek peek of the Bentley Crossover is to the right)
That is a question that seems far fetched but when a young lady was driving in Platte City, Mo. She was struck head on by a 16 year old who lost control of her car while texting causing a head on collision, the young lady who was struck had to be cut out of her car and later died at the hospital. Killed by a text message ! Or how bout the 135 people injured and 24 people killed in the second worst commuter train accident in US history because the train conductor was sending and receiving 40 text messages. And by the way he was also killed in the accident by text messaging.
Texting has now become a part of life because people feel the pressure of being in constant contact with everyone. Let me be clear that texting and driving is illegal in 37 states including Michigan and Illinois. I have been gulity my self of texting and driving and after researching this story I will no longer do.
We all know that when you text and drive it takes your eyes off the road but for how long. Most people would say long enough not to cause a problem. But the average time is usually about 5 seconds and if you are driving 55mph you could cover the length of a football field. It's the same as driving blind for 5 seconds. Scary thought ! Lets face it texting is here to stay but we just have to do it more safely. I suggest that you read or send out text messages when you stop. Most message can wait for your next stop. Which is more important that TEXT MESSAGE ABOUT NOTHING OR YOUR LIFE ?
The facts are as follows: texting reduces your reaction time by 35%, your steering capabilty by 91% and an 18% reduction in your braking reaction time. And then on top of all that texting increases your opportunity for an accident by 23%.
The odds are stacked way against you. You make the choice and please pass this to anyone who drives.
Women automotive consumers over the years have been put in a catergory that they always need a man to help them with the purchase of a car. Ironically women for every thing else are better,patient and more savy shoppers than man. I have written a book educating women on how to buy a car without the help of a man. In my 20 years working in car dealerships most women customers that I dealt with did just fine without the help of a man. In my book I talk about some key things that women need to know and if women follow the direction of the book it will answer all their car buying questions. For example here are 4 things a women needs to know before finalizing a car deal.
- Choose the car you like remember you are spending your money. And all sales are final so make sure you can live with your choice for the next few years.
- Make sure the monthly payment is something you can afford after you add insurance and gas. Some people not just women forget to calculate gas and insurance when they are budgeting for a car payment.
- Make sure you are happy with the overall price. The payment may be affordable but make sure the price is what you are comfortable with.
- Make sure the car you buy has a warranty. If it is a new car then it will come with a warranty. But all used cars don't have warranties. Some later model used cars have the balance of the manufacures warranty. Older used cars you will have to purchase an extended warranty which typically will be a few dollars more added to your payment. Also when getting a warranty MAKE SURE YOU READ EXACTLY WHAT IT COVERS.
As you can see I am passionate about educating women on how to buy car without the help of a man. For more info and to become a well informed consumer order my book. You can order right from this website.